Security Policies, Principles and Programs GS140.16
This course does not contain the final exam. Students must register for the exam separately in STEPP and will receive credit for the course upon receiving a passing score.
Description: This course provides an overview of the various policies, principles, programs, and governing documents. It also explores four overarching security disciplines that govern how the Department of Defense (DoD) implements its security programs.
Course Resources: Access this course's resources
This course is designed to enable students to:
- Identify why a security program is necessary
- Identify the three goals of federal security programs
- Identify the two basic policies associated with federal government security programs
- Identify the three basic principles associated with federal government security programs
- Identify the roles of the three branches of the federal government in making or implementing security policies and programs
- Identify the purpose and characteristics of Executive Orders and Presidential Directives
- Identify current Executive Orders and Presidential Directives relevant to security policies
- Identify the four core security disciplines and their purposes within DoD
- Identify the various types of special categories of information and their governing policy documents, definition, and purpose
- Identify instructions, directives, and regulations relevant to DoD security policies
Delivery Method: eLearning
Length: 1 hour
Target Audience: Civilian, military, and contractor personnel responsible for or involved in the safeguarding and protection of DoD assets
Number of Students per Course: N/A
- Clearance Requirement: N/A
- Attendance Requirement: N/A
- Exam Requirements: Students must earn a passing score of 75% on the final exam (GS140.06) to print a certificate of successful completion.
- ACE Credit Recommendation: (What's this?) 0
- Professional Development Units (PDU) per SPeD: 3
Additional System Requirements: Internet Explorer 6.0, Flash Player 8, Internet bandwidth connection (DSL or better), Display 1024 x 768, Audio (16-bit sound card), Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0.Check if your system is configured appropriately to use STEPP.
CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program.