Information Security for the Security Assistant Curriculum IF030.CU
You are required to register for the Information Security for the Security Assistant Curriculum Navigation (IF030.NAV) document which will enroll you in the curriculum and seamlessly assign the appropriate courses/exams through a series of two modules.
Description: This curriculum is intended for personnel who are responsible for conducting security assistant activities in Information Security. This curriculum consists of eLearning courses and shorts which will provide an overview of the Information Security Program, to include marking, protecting, handling and disposing of classified information. The curriculum also provides unauthorized disclosure and reporting requirements.
Learning Outcomes: See individual courses for learning outcomes.
Length: 16.25 hours (includes courses and exams)
Target Audience: Personnel who are responsible for conducting security assistant related activities in the Information Security area.
Clearance Requirements: None
List of Courses and Exams Required:
- Security Policies, Principles and Programs GS140.06
- Introduction to Information Security IF011.06
- Introduction to Physical Security PY011.06
- Classified Storage Requirements Short IF004.16
- DoD Locks Approved to Safeguard Classified and Sensitive Materials Short PY001.16
- International Visit Requests Short IS005.16
- Marking Classified Information IF105.06
- Disposal and Destruction of Classified Information Short IF002.16
- Security Incidents Reporting Requirements Short IF003.16
- Transmission and Transportation for DoD IF107.06
- Unauthorized Disclosure of Classified Information for DoD and Industry IF130.06
System Requirements: Internet Explorer 6.0, Flash Player 8, Internet bandwidth connection (DSL or better), Display 1024 x 768, Audio (16-bit sound card), Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0.
CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program.