Description: This course provides in-depth coverage of the role of the Facility Security Officer (FSO), as well as the roles of other Government and contractor employees in the National Industrial Security Program (NISP). It introduces students to the fundamental responsibilities of an FSO as well as reviews the legal and regulatory basis of the NISP, its purpose, and how classified information is protected.
Course Resources: Access this course's resources
Learning Objectives: This course is designed to enable students to:
- Identify the purpose of the NISP
- Identify roles and responsibilities in the NISP
- Identify the structure and requirements in the National Industrial Security Operation Manual (NISPOM)
- Identify and access resources available to an FSO
- Identify Government personnel who will work with FSOs to meet the requirements of the NISP
Delivery Method: eLearning
Length: 3.5 hours
Target Audience: The target audience is Facility Security Officers at cleared DOD contractor sites participating in the NISP. Secondary audiences include other contractor security personnel, DSS Industrial Security Representatives, and DOD industrial Security Specialists.
- General Requirements: N/A
- Clearance Requirements: N/A
- Attendance Requirements: N/A
- Exam Requirements: A passing score of 75% on the final exam allows students to print a certificate of successful completion.
System Requirements: Check if your system is configured appropriately to use STEPP.
CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program.