This section includes resources to assist you with the Personnel Security Program. Available resources cover Personnel Security Clearances, the new Federal Investigative Standards (FIS), the Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS) and eQIP.
Personnel Security Program
- Regulatory Guidance
- DoD Instruction 5200.02, "DoD Personnel Security Program (PSP)", March 21, 2014
- ICD 704, "Personnel Security Standards and Procedures Governing Eligibility for Access to Sensitive Compartmented Information and Other Controlled Access Program Information", October 01, 2008
- DoD Instruction 5200.46, "DoD Investigative and Adjudicative Guidance for Issuing the Common Access Card (CAC)", September 09, 2014
- DoD Instruction 1000.13, "Identification Cards for Members of the Uniformed Services, Their Dependents, and Other Eligible Individuals", January 23, 2014
- DoDM 1000.13 Volume 1
- DoDM 1000.13 Volume 2
- Office of Personnel Management Memorandum, "Final Credentialing Standards for Issuing Personal Identity Verification Cards under HSPD-12," July 31, 2008
- DoD Common Access Card Website
- Security Executive Agent Directive (SEAD) 4, National Security Adjudicative Guidelines, June 08, 2017
- DoD Manual 5200.02 Procedures for the DoD Personnel Security Program (PSP), April 3, 2017
- DoD Memorandum, "Extension of Periodic Reinvestigation Timelines to Address the Background Investigative Backlog", January 17, 2017
- eLearning Courses
- Job Aids
- Classified Information Nondisclosure Agreement – Briefing Booklet (Standard Form 312)
- How to Receive and Maintain Your Security Clearance
- How to Take Successful Electronic Fingerprints Video
- Maintaining a Personnel Security Clearance
- Need to Know Training Video
- Personnel Security Toolkit
- Reciprocity of Clearances
- Revised Federal Investigative Standards (FIS) Crosswalk Guide
Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS)
This section will help you initiate clearances, check clearance levels, review for reciprocity, check status, verify authorized access, run reports and create and modify visit requests.
- JPAS Shorts/Courses
- JPAS Webinars
Defense Information System for Security (DISS)
DISS is the overarching system for CATS V4, JVS (JPAS Replacement) and the DISS Portal.
- Content pending.
Toolkit feedback/suggestions? Email email@example.com.