Other than the required annual training, what can I do to keep the Vigilance message fresh? Instilling a sense of vigilance in the general workforce is a basic tenet of establishing an insider threat program. Annual awareness training is a start, but the message can diminish over time. Developing a vigilance campaign for your organization is an effective solution. Deploying regular messaging, awareness, and communications materials ensures that the general workforce is prepared to recognize and respond to the insider threat. The campaign can also serve as an introduction to your Insider Threat Program ensuring that everyone knows whom to report to and feels comfortable doing so.
Vigilance Campaign Materials
- DoD Insider Threat Program Managers can access additional resources for their programs on Intelink. Request Access.
- Vigilance Campaign Guidance Document
- Job Aids/Case Studies/Tri-Folds
- DHS Insider Threat Scenarios Video
- Don't Be a Pawn: A Warning to Students Abroad (Human Targeting)
- FBI video: "Company Man"
- Insider Threat Potential Risk Indicators - A case study
- NITTF Any Given Day
- Potential Risk Indicators - Mishandling of Classified Information
- Voices of the Betrayed
Toolkit feedback/suggestions? Email email@example.com.