Upcoming Education Classes and CDSE Security Speaker Series
November 3, 2016
Sign Up Now for the CDSE Security Speaker Series Featuring DSS CI Director Stephens
There is still time to sign up for next week’s CDSE Security Speaker Series featuring Defense Security Service (DSS) Counterintelligence (CI) Director William Stephens. Join us Thursday, November 10, 2016 at 1:00 p.m., Eastern Time to watch as Director Stephens discusses the DSS CI mission to identify and articulate threats to U.S. technology and programs resident in industry, as well as answer questions from the audience. The webinar is intended for an audience of Department of Defense (DoD) enterprise and industry partner security personnel. Tune in and be part of the conversation!
Space Still Available for Upcoming Tuition Free, CDSE Education Classes!
A New Semester Starts January, 2017!
Take charge of your career and join other security professionals throughout the U.S military and Federal Government who are taking advantage of CDSE's advanced and graduate courses. These courses are semester-long and are designed to prepare students for leadership positions and responsibilities. There is limited space available for the fall semester of classes that run from January 9, to April 28, 2017.
These courses enhance analytical thinking and problem solving skills, as well as help students gain critical knowledge about principle concepts and facts that anyone who wants to be a future leader within DoD should know. The courses include reading, researching, and writing assignments similar to a three credit, collegiate-level course. A significant time commitment is required but the commitment will pay off. The courses are online, tuition free, and allow students the flexibility to collaborate with each other and Subject Matter Expert Instructors when they want. All of the courses have received college credit recommendations from the American Council on Education College Credit Recommendation Service (ACE CREDIT).
Learn more about the classes offered and register for them by accessing the links below:
- Writing and Communication Skills for Security Professionals (CDSE ED 201)
- Security as an Integral Part of DoD Programs (CDSE ED 501)
- Constitutional Law and its Application to DoD Security (CDSE ED 503)
- Understanding Adversaries and Threats to the United States and to DoD (CDSE ED 504)
- Budgeting and Financial Management for Security Programs (CDSE ED 505)
- Managing a DoD Installation Security Program (CDSE ED 507)
- Assessment and Evaluation of DoD Security Programs (CDSE ED 509)
- The Future of Security Systems and Information Assurance (CDSE ED 510)
- Leadership in DoD Security (CDSE ED 511)
- Effective Communication in DoD Security (CDSE ED 512)
- Security in the DoD Acquisition Process (CDSE ED 513)
- Cybersecurity and Oversight of Information System Security (CDSE ED 514)
- Risk Management Project and Advanced Studies (CDSE ED 603)
If you have any questions, or need additional information, contact the CDSE Education Division at DSS.CDSEeducation@mail.mil.