Rescheduled DoD Speaker Series Event, Upcoming Webinar and Education Classes
January 29, 2016
January 28 DoD Security Speaker Series Event Rescheduled To February 4
The Center for Development of Security Excellence (CDSE) invites you to join us Thursday, February 4, 2016 at 1:00 p.m. EST for a live security chat. This month’s special guest is Ms. Angela Stow Jago, Chief of the Unauthorized Disclosure (UD) Program Management Office (PMO) for the Security Policy and Oversight Division (SPOD), Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Intelligence (OUSD(I)). Join us to find out more about the Department of Defense (DoD) UD program and the critical role you play in it. Sign up for this and future Speaker Series webinars.
The DoD Security Speaker Series delivers live, one-on-one interviews with knowledgeable, respected leaders in the DoD security community. Speakers discuss trending topic areas such as insider threat, personnel security investigations, counterintelligence, and more. Unlike a formal briefing or webinar, speakers are unscripted. Conversation is driven by hot topics, and the audience may ask questions.
Conversation with a DoD security community leader can provide you with the latest information on trending security topics and a perspective not attainable through other delivery platforms. The one-on-one format offers opportunities to discuss some finer points of policy, today’s security environment, and what we need know that may not commonly be covered. The Speaker Series also provides a forum to engage with a leader with whom you may rarely interact.
Sign Up For Upcoming Industrial Security Webinar – February 11
The Center for Development of Security Excellence (CDSE) invites you to participate in our “CDSE Industrial Security Training Products and Resources” webinar, which identifies all of the Industrial Security Training products and resources CDSE offers on the website. Sign up for this webinar.
CDSE Industrial Security Products and Resources
Thursday, February 11, 2016
11:30 a.m. & 2:30 p.m. EST
CDSE’s webinars address topics and issues of interest to Department of Defense security personnel. Check out all webinars available through CDSE and additional information. Access instructions for each webinar will be sent via confirmation email upon registration.
A New Semester Starts April 25, 2016! Register Now For Upcoming CDSE Tuition Free Education Classes!
Security professionals throughout the Federal Government are taking advantage of CDSE’s curriculum of semester long, graduate-level courses designed to prepare DoD security professionals for leadership positions and responsibilities. Registration is open for the summer semester that runs April 25 – August 19, 2016.
These courses will enhance your analytical thinking and problem solving skills. In addition, they will help you gain critical knowledge about principle concepts and facts that anyone who wants to be a future leader within DoD should know. The courses include reading, research, and writing assignments similar to a three credit, collegiate-level course. A significant time commitment is required but the commitment will pay off.
The courses are online, tuition free, and allow students the flexibility to collaborate with each other and Subject Matter Expert Instructors when they want. All of the courses have received college credit recommendations from the American Council on Education College Credit Recommendation Service (ACE CREDIT).
You can learn more about the classes being offered and register for them by accessing the links below:
- Writing and Communication Skills for Security Professionals (CDSE ED 201)
- Security as an Integral Part of DoD Programs (CDSE ED 501)
- Organizational Considerations in Applying Security within the Federal and DoD Bureaucracy (CDSE ED502)
- Constitutional Law and its Application to DoD Security (CDSE ED 503)
- Understanding Adversaries and Threats to the United States and to DoD (CDSE ED504)
- Human Resource Management for DoD Security (CDSE ED506)
- Managing a DoD Installation Security Program (CDSE ED507)
- Research Methods, Data Analysis, and Reporting to Support DoD Security Programs (CDSE ED508)
- Leadership in DoD Security (CDSE ED511)
- Effective Communication in DoD Security (CDSE ED512)
- Security in the DoD Acquisition Process (CDSE ED513)
- Cybersecurity and Oversight of Information System Security (CDSE ED514)
- Statutory, Legal and Regulatory Basis of DoD Security Programs (CDSE ED 601)