October 30, 2015
CDSE Launches Three New Cybersecurity Courses
The Center for Development of Security Excellence (CDSE) has released the following three new Cybersecurity courses:
- CS311.16: Technical Implementation of C&A – Configuring to DSS standards Windows XP
- CS312.16: Technical Implementation of C&A – Configuring to DSS standards Windows 7
- CS313.16: Technical Implementation of C&A – Configuring to DSS standards Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
These virtual environments provide the opportunity for students to practice configuring security settings in a non-production/test environment. The virtual environment accurately simulates systems using the Windows XP, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6, and Windows 7 Operating Systems. Practical Exercises (PEs) are also involved to reinforce the information, skills, and concepts presented through the course.
Visit the CDSE website for registration and additional information.
CDSE Quarterly Update - Insider Threat Case Study Job Aid Series
- The Defense Security Service (DSS), Center for Development of Security Excellence (CDSE) is pleased to introduce the latest in our "Insider Threat Case Studies" series:
- Insider Threat Case Study Job Aid – Walter Liew
- Insider Threat Case Study Job Aid – Wen Chyu Liu
These job aids were developed to help the DoD enterprise and industrial security communities reinforce the adverse effects of the Insider Threat. These join previously released case studies on Yuan Li and Bryan Underwood. New case studies will be issued from CDSE on a quarterly basis and provide readily accessible, easy to follow training materials based on recent cases that stress the impact of economic espionage, traditional espionage, and other national security crimes.
The job aids will reinforce our existing eLearning and act as a ready source of threat/awareness information for the security community, which will be suitable for printing or easy placement in a company or command newsletter, email, or training bulletins.
Visit CDSE Catalog's Insider Threat page to access the job aids.
These job aids are also available in the Insider Threat toolkit. Access the desktop or mobile version for a variety of resources on the insider threat.