January 26, 2015
Sign Up Now for the February Counterintelligence Webinar
The Center for Development of Security Excellence (CDSE) invites you to participate in our Counterintelligence "Targeting U.S. Contactors" webinar. CDSE webinars address topics and issues of interest to defense security professionals. Each webinar is 30 minutes long. Sign up for the webinar you are interested in, to receive access information. Please note, the webinar sign up closes 24 hours prior to the event. Sign up for the webinar. Additional information about CDSE webinars is also available at this site. Access instructions will be sent via the registration confirmation email.
Targeting U.S. Contractors
Thursday, February 12, 2015
11:30 a.m. Eastern Time
2:30 p.m. Eastern Time
Description: This webinar focuses on how cleared contractors can protect information while traveling overseas. It discusses foreign intelligence entities (FIEs), methods of operations, elicitation, protecting electronic devices, travel tips, reporting suspicious incidents, etc.
Register Now For Upcoming Tuition Free, CDSE Education Classes!
A New Semester Starts April 27, 2015!
Security professionals throughout the U.S. military and Federal Government are taking advantage of CDSE's curriculum of semester long advanced and graduate courses. These courses are designed to prepare DoD security professionals for leadership positions and responsibilities. We have opened registration for the Summer 2015 semester that runs from April 27, 2015 to August 21, 2015. These classes fill quickly, so register now.
These courses will enhance your analytical thinking and problem solving skills. In addition, they will help you gain critical knowledge about principle concepts and facts that anyone who wants to be a future leader within DoD should know. The courses include reading, researching, and writing assignments similar to a three credit, collegiate-level course. A significant time commitment is required but the commitment will pay off. The courses are online, tuition free, and allow students the flexibility to collaborate with each other and Subject Matter Expert Instructors when they want. All of the courses have received college credit recommendations from the American Council on Education College Credit Recommendation Service (ACE CREDIT).
You can learn more about the offered classes, as well as register for them, by visiting the links below:
- Writing and Communication Skills for Security Professionals (CDSE ED 201)
- Security as an Integral Part of DoD Programs (CDSE ED 501)
- Organizational Considerations in Applying Security within the Federal and DoD Bureaucracy (CDSE ED 502)
- Constitutional Law and its Application to DoD Security (CDSE ED503)
- Understanding Adversaries and Threats to the United States and to DoD (CDSE ED504)
- Human Resource Management for DoD Security (CDSE ED506)
- Managing a DoD Installation Security Program (CDSE ED507)
- Research Methods, Data Analysis, and Reporting to Support DoD Security Programs (CDSE ED508)
- Leadership in DoD Security (CDSE ED511)
- Effective Communication in DoD Security (CDSE ED512)
- Security in the DoD Acquisition Process (CDSE ED513)
- Cybersecurity and Oversight of Information System Security (CDSE ED514)
- Statutory, Legal, and Regulatory Basis of DoD Security Programs (CDSE ED601)