Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I use the virtual environment?
- Why doesn't STEPP recognize the course I took as complete?
- What do I do if I get "kicked out" of Internet Explorer or if I get a popup window with a little red "x" in it?
- My screen is frozen on, "Rebooting virtual. Please wait."
- Why does the virtual machine need access on port 8080?
- The virtual machines for the practical exercises aren't loading.
- I can't access the virtual part of the training.
- STEPP is requesting I run ActiveX control.
- What do I do if I receive a warning about this website's security certificate?
- The classroom becomes unresponsive when navigating through a lesson.
- How do I get a 3D plugin/web player?
The virtual machines for the practical exercises aren't loading.
Please make sure you have Java Virtual Machine installed on your local machine and that port 8080 is open; you may need to check with your firewall administrator to verify that the port is open. If you have confirmed that port 8080 is open and the Java SE Runtime Environment (JRE) is installed on your machine and you are still having problems, running a trace route is the next best thing. If the route stops before 18.104.22.168, then the issue still resides on your network. You can also uninstall and re-install JAVA to see if the virtual machines will work.