Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I register for a class from STEPP?
- Why am I not able to view or register for any courses?
- I received a "Registration Blocked" message.
- How much does it cost to register for training in STEPP?
- When I register for a course, the button says "Purchase" instead of "Register."
- Who can register for training in STEPP?
- Can I register others for class?
- I received an email notification stating that a class is CLOSED.
- My registration request has not been approved or was disapproved.
- I did not get notification of my upcoming training.
- How do I view the class offerings (dates) for instructor-led courses?
- How do I register for and complete a new curriculum in STEPP?
- Who may take CDSE Security Professional Education courses?
- What is the cost for taking CDSE Security Professional Education courses?
- I registered for a class and requested the CD, but never received the CD.
How do I register for and complete a new curriculum in STEPP?
Most of the STEPP curricula require the completion of a Navigation document in order to enroll in the curriculum training. Training activities are modularized within the curriculum and are assigned accordingly.
- On the STEPP Homepage, scroll down to the Catalog section.
- From the Category Listings, select Curricula under the desired security interest.
- From the resulting list, select the Navigation document (.NAV) of the desired curriculum.
- Click the Start button to launch the document in a separate browser window.
- After reviewing/printing, close the document. You will then be prompted with the question "Have you completed the activity?" Select Yes to enroll in the curriculum, otherwise select No.
- Once enrolled, you will be assigned the activities in the first module of the curriculum. These activities will appear in your To-Do list once you log in (or you may click on the Learner icon at the top of the STEPP page to refresh and display the list).
- Included in the assigned activities will be a Completion document for the module (.M1). Launch the Completion document last (after the assigned activities) to initiate the next module assignments.
- Repeat until all modules of the curriculum have been completed. The curriculum diploma will then be awarded and can be accessed in your training transcript.