Frequently Asked Questions
Security Education & Training
- What is the difference between Security Education and Security Training?
- Is CDSE an accredited institution?
- Can I earn credit towards a college degree by taking CDSE Security Professional Education courses?
- Does CDSE offer a Master's Degree in DoD Security?
- Why should I take CDSE Security Professional Education courses?
- Are courses available online?
- Do I need to travel to attend a CDSE Security Professional Education course?
What is the difference between Security Education and Security Training?
The objective of education is usually to gain knowledge about principles, concepts, and facts and to develop analytic and problem solving skills. The materials learned and the skills developed through education can be used by the student in a variety of settings.
Training is typically concerned with gaining a skill or set of skills specific to a particular job. Effectiveness is gauged by comparing the student's performance of particular job-related tasks prior to and after receiving the training.