Frequently Asked Questions
Testing & Assessments
- What is Pearson VUE?
- When can I start taking a SPēD Certification assessment at a commercial testing facility?
- It's been more than 15 days. Why haven't I been approved to test yet?
- My Request for Authorization to Test form was approved. Now what?
- It looks as though my form was rejected, what does that mean?
- It looks as though my request to test was denied, what does that mean?
- How do I prepare for an assessment?
- Are there any test-taking tips I should employ?
- How do I cancel or reschedule my assessment?
- How do I find out the result of my assessment?
- What is a "cut score"?
- Does CDSE in Linthicum still deliver assessments?
- Will there still be large-scale public testing events at security conferences?
When can I start taking a SPēD Certification assessment at a commercial testing facility?
SPēD Certification assessments are now available through Pearson VUE. To schedule an assessment, begin by checking the box in the Profile section of your STEPP account indicating your desire to participate in the SPēD Certification Program. Then follow the directions in the email you receive 24 to 48 hours later.