Frequently Asked Questions
Testing & Assessments
- What is Pearson VUE?
- When can I start taking a SPēD Certification assessment at a commercial testing facility?
- It's been more than 15 days. Why haven't I been approved to test yet?
- My Request for Authorization to Test form was approved. Now what?
- It looks as though my form was rejected, what does that mean?
- It looks as though my request to test was denied, what does that mean?
- How do I prepare for an assessment?
- Are there any test-taking tips I should employ?
- How do I cancel or reschedule my assessment?
- How do I find out the result of my assessment?
- What is a "cut score"?
- Does CDSE in Linthicum still deliver assessments?
- Will there still be large-scale public testing events at security conferences?
How do I prepare for an assessment?
Select the Prepare for SPēD Certification link and choose the desired certification to find Competency Preparatory Tools and Resources. Competency Preparatory Tools include a Knowledge Test, Experience Checklist, and Sample Test. Resources include the Candidate Handbook and the Areas of Expertise, which identify the courses, information, and materials available to assist you in increasing your proficiency within each of the five security functional categories (General, Industrial, Information, Personnel, and Physical).