Frequently Asked Questions
Testing & Assessments
- What is Pearson VUE?
- When can I start taking a SPēD Certification assessment at a commercial testing facility?
- It's been more than 15 days. Why haven't I been approved to test yet?
- My Request for Authorization to Test form was approved. Now what?
- It looks as though my form was rejected, what does that mean?
- It looks as though my request to test was denied, what does that mean?
- How do I prepare for an assessment?
- Are there any test-taking tips I should employ?
- How do I cancel or reschedule my assessment?
- How do I find out the result of my assessment?
- What is a "cut score"?
- Does CDSE in Linthicum still deliver assessments?
- Will there still be large-scale public testing events at security conferences?
Will there still be large-scale public testing events at security conferences?
No. CDSE has authorized over 1,000 sites worldwide, including on many DoD bases, with our commercial testing vendor. Please request an authorization to test from My SPeD Certification (MSC). After approval, log in to your MSC account and click on the "Schedule Exam" link on the left navigation to schedule your assessment. Alternatively, you may contact Pearson Customer Support at 888-477-0284 to schedule your assessment.