Frequently Asked Questions
STEPP & My SPēD Certification
- What is My SPēD Certification and why do I need this account?
- What is the My SPēD Certification website address?
- Do I still have to maintain my DSS STEPP account?
- If I update my STEPP account, is my My SPēD Certification account updated (and vice versa)?
- Some of the information on My SPēD Certification account is incorrect. What do I do?
- It's been more than 72 hours since I updated my information in STEPP, and the updates haven't transferred to My SPēD Certification. What do I do?
- What if I forget my password in STEPP?
- Who do I contact for help with my STEPP username and password?
- Who do I contact to reset my My SPēD Certification account password?
- What do I do if my STEPP account is disabled and needs to be reset?
- What if I changed my password but can't log in with it?
- I'm trying to access My SPēD Certification, but the screen says "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage." What do I do?
- Why can't I get past the My SPēD Certification login screen once I've entered my login and password?
- How do I find my personal information on My SPēD Certification?
What if I forget my password in STEPP?
- From the STEPP Log On screen, select the "Forgot your password?" link.
- Type your STEPP username and email address on the Forgotten Password Assistance Screen, then click Submit.
- A new password will be sent to your email account of record.
- From the STEPP Log On screen, type your username and the password provided in the email. (We recommend copying and pasting the new password from your email.) You will have three attempts to type the password correctly. If you lock yourself out (disable your account), please call the Call Center at 1-888-282-7682 or email@example.com to re-enable your account. The DoD Security Services Call Center is available Monday through Friday from 6:00 am to 8:00 pm Eastern, and is closed on weekends and all federal holidays.
- Once logged in, you must change your password; use the password sent in the email as the "old" password, then provide a new password of your choice and re-type it to confirm. Click OK.
- The Change Password screen will display when your password has been changed successfully. To access STEPP, click "You have successfully changed your password. Click here to continue."