Description: The CDSE Certificate in Security Management is designed to provide Department of Defense employees with the skills they need to manage complex security issues while protecting an organization's people property and information. This certificate is made up of four courses that facilitate an understanding of security program evaluation and assessment procedures, financial and budgeting processes, as well as human resource recruiting, staffing and management.
To participate in the Security Management Certificate program, prospective students must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Must currently be either a U.S. Government civilian employee or a U.S. military service member. U.S. Government contractors are not eligible to participate.
- Must have successfully passed at least one CDSE education course with a final score of 80% or higher.
- Must have an updated STEPP account.
- Budgeting and Financial Management for Security Programs ED505.10
- Human Resource Management for DoD Security ED506.10
- Managing a DoD Installation Security Program ED507.10
- Assessment and Evaluation of DoD Security Programs ED509.10
All of the CDSE Education courses have been evaluated by the American Council on Education (ACE) for credit recommendations. CDSE course credit recommendations are listed in the ACE National Guide.