Description: The CDSE Certificate in Security Leadership is designed to provide Department of Defense employees with the skills they need to lead effectively in increasingly complex environments. This certificate is made up of four courses that facilitate an understanding of the cross-disciplinary DoD security functions and the skills needed to effectively communicate challenging issues to decision makers. Students completing this certificate will also explore Constitutional law relating to the Federal Government structure.
To participate in the Security Leadership Certificate program, prospective students must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Must currently be either a U.S. Government civilian employee or a U.S. military service member. U.S. Government contractors are not eligible to participate.
- Must have successfully passed at least one CDSE education course with a final score of 80% or higher.
- Must have an updated STEPP account.
- Security as an Integral Part of DoD Programs ED501.10
- Constitutional Law and its Application to DoD Security ED503.10
- Leadership in DoD Security ED511.10
- Effective Communication in DoD Security ED512.10
All of the CDSE Education courses have been evaluated by the American Council on Education (ACE) for credit recommendations. CDSE course credit recommendations are listed in the ACE National Guide.