This course does not contain the final exam. Students must register for the exam separately in STEPP and will receive credit for the course upon receiving a passing score.
Description: The course is designed to help you understand the Department of Defense (DoD) guiding principles for Sensitive Compartmented Information.
Learning Outcomes: This course is designed to enable students to:
- Identify the critical importance of Temporary Sensitive Compartmented Information Facilities (T-SCIFs)
- Recognize how to prepare for and implement a T-SCIF
- Identify proper methods for the approval and operation of T-SCIFs
- Explain the procedures to ensure the execution and protection of a sound command security program
- Identify proper methods to protect classified information and prevent unauthorized disclosure
Delivery Method: eLearning
Length: 2 hours
Target Audience: The course provides quality training to both newly assigned or appointed individuals with little or no SCI experience in their performance as an SCI security official and to those in the field who are engaged in implementing a T-SCIF. Anyone involved with T-SCIFs can benefit from this training.
Number of students per course: N/A
- Clearance Requirement: N/A
- Attendance Requirement: N/A
- ACE Credit Recommendation: (What's this?): N/A
- Continuing Education Units Per IACET: N/A
- Professional Development Units per SPeD: N/A
System Requirements: Internet Explorer 6.0, Flash Player 8, Internet bandwidth connection (DSL or better), Display 1024 x 768, Audio (16-bit sound card), Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0
Check if your system is configured appropriately to use STEPP.
CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program.