Exterior Security Lighting PY109.16
This course contains an optional practice exercise. Students will receive credit for the course upon receiving a passing score on the associated exam (separate).
Description: This course provides the student with a basic comprehension of exterior security lighting to include definition, purpose, planning considerations, and application for the protection of Department of Defense (DoD) assets.
Course Resources: Access this course's resources
Learning Outcomes: This course is designed to enable students to:
- Define security lighting
- Identify the purpose of security lighting
- Identify different types of security lighting
- Explain uses of each type of security lighting
- Describe specific planning considerations for security lighting
- List types of lighting units (luminaires)
- Describe types of lighting units (luminaires)
- Explain security lighting criteria for outdoor scenarios
- Provide proper installation details through demonstration
Length: 1.5 hours
Target Audience: DoD civilian and military personnel as well as industry contractors with physical security responsibilities
Number of Student per Course: N/A
- Clearance Requirement: N/A
- Attendance Requirement: N/A
- Exam Requirements: Students must earn 75% percent grade average on the Capstone assessment.
- ACE Credit Recommendation: (What's this?) In association with PY201.01
- Continuing Education Units per IACET: N/A
- Professional Development Units per SPeD: 3
Additional System Requirements: Unity3D Web plugin (available via http://unity3d.com/unity/download), Internet Explorer 6.0, Flash Player 8, Internet bandwidth connection (DSL or better), Display 1024 x 768, Audio (16-bit sound card), Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0.
Check if your system is configured appropriately to use STEPP.
CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program.