Starting 01 November 2016, CDSE will no longer offer JPAS/JCAVS Virtual Training for Security Professionals. As a result, students will not be able to register for, access, or complete the course and exam after 31 October 2016. If you have registered for these activities and do not complete the activities by this date, please be advised your enrollment will automatically be cancelled.
Please visit DMDC's JPAS webpage (click on account manager policy) for information regarding DMDC JPAS account training requirements after 10/31/2016.
This course does not contain the final exam. Students must register for the exam separately in STEPP and will receive credit for the course upon receiving a passing score.
Description: This course provides an overview of the Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS) and a detailed explanation of its subsystem, the Joint Clearance and Access Verification System (JCAVS) used extensively by Department of Defense (DoD) Personnel Security Managers (PSMs) and contractor Facility Security Officers (FSOs) for eligibility and investigation verification. The JPAS/JCAVS Virtual Training course is formatted to include demonstration followed by knowledge checks and practical exercises. Participants will complete task in a virtual JPAS environment and navigate various windows and practice specific actions to perform desired functions.
Course Resources: None
Learning Outcomes: This course is designed to enable students to:
- Demonstrate the ability to apply and use JPAS/JCAVS for eligibility and investigation verification.
- Understand the fundamentals and purpose of JPAS
- Navigate the JPAS Gateway and log in
- Manage JCAVS user accounts
- Set/maintain a Personnel Security Management Network
- Add and modify a Person Category
- Perform Person Summary Screen functions
- Run reports and process notifications
Delivery Method: eLearning
Length: 8 hours
Target Audience:DoD civilian, military and contractor personnel who support the DoD Personnel Security Program.
Number of Students per Course: N/A
- Clearance Requirement: N/A
- Attendance Requirement: N/A
- Exam Requirements: A passing grade of 75% on the final exam (PS123.06) allows students to print a certificate of successful completion.
- ACE Credit Recommendation:(What's this?): In association with IS020.CU and IS030.CU
- Continuing Education Units Per IACET:
- Professional Development Units per SPeD: 24.00
Additional System Requirements: Check if your system is configured appropriately to use STEPP.
CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program.