Students must register for the exam separately in STEPP and will receive credit for the course upon receiving a passing score.
Description: This course provides students with a high level overview of acquisitions and contracting basics, including the acquisition life cycle, security requirements and guidance, contract administration, security-related contractual documents, and the fundamental NISP roles and responsibilities.
Course Resources: Access this course's resources
Learning Outcomes: This course is designed to enable students to:
- Identify the phases in the acquisition life cycle
- Identify the roles of security professionals in the DoD contracting process
- Identify the importance of planning for security across the acquisition life cycle and during the contracting process
- Identify the phases of contract administration and the impact of security requirements in the contracting process
- Identify the purpose of the security-related contractual documents: DD Form 254, DD Form 441,SF 328
- Identify the relationship of the Statement of Work (SOW) or Performance Work Statement (PWS) to DD Form 254
Length: 1.5 hours
Target Audience: DSS Industrial Security Representatives (IS Reps), DSS Industrial Security Systems Professionals (ISSPs), DSS Counterintelligence (CI) Personnel, DSS Industrial Security Headquarters Personnel and other DoD Security Specialists with Industrial Security responsibilities.
Number of Student per Course: N/A
- Clearance Requirement: N/A
- Attendance Requirement: N/A
- Exam Requirements: Passing score of 75% on exam (IS123.06) at the end of the course in order to print a certificate of successful completion.
- ACE Credit Recommendation: (What's this?) In association with IS050.CU
- Continuing Education Units per IACET: N/A
- Professional Development Units per SPeD: 0
Additional System Requirements: Check if your system is configured appropriately to use STEPP.
CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program.