This course does not contain the final exam. Students must register for the exam separately in STEPP and will receive credit for the course upon receiving a passing score.
Description: This course introduces policy, documentation, preparation, and procedures for safeguarding classified information for contractors participating in the National Industrial Security Program (NISP). The course focuses primarily on Chapter 5 of the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM).
Course Resources: Access this course's resources
Learning Outcomes: This course is designed to enable students to:
- Identify the general requirements for safeguarding classified information.
- Identify the requirements for control and accountability of classified information.
- Identify options and requirements for storage of classified information.
- Identify requirements for disclosure of classified information.
- Identify requirements for reproduction of classified information.
- Identify requirements for disposition of classified information.
Delivery Method: eLearning
Length: 2.5 hours
Target Audience: The target audience is facility Security Officers at cleared DoD contractors participating in the NISP. Secondary audiences include other contractor security personnel, DSS Industrial Security Representatives, and DoD industrial Security Specialists.
Number of Students per Course: N/A
- Clearance Requirement: N/A
- Attendance Requirement: N/A
- Exam Requirements: Passing score of 75% on exam (IS109.06) at the end of the course in order to print a certificate of successful completion.
- ACE Credit Recommendation: (What's this?): In association with IS030.CU and IS050.CU
- Continuing Education Units Per IACET: N/A
- Professional Development Units per SPeD: 0
Additional System Requirements: Check if your system is configured appropriately to use STEPP.
CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program.