This course does not contain the final exam. Students must register for the exam separately in STEPP and will receive credit for the course upon receiving a passing score.
Description: This course introduces the NISP Certification and Accreditation (C&A) Process. The course provides training on the policies and standards used to protect information within computer systems in support of the DSS mission. In addition, the course identifies and defines the government and contractor roles and responsibilities. It also includes the Risk Management Process as it relates to the C&A Process.
Course Resources: Access this course's resources
This course is designed to enable students to:
- Define C&A and the purpose of certifying and accrediting contractor information technology systems
- Identify the legal, regulatory, and contractual requirements that govern the certification and accreditation process
- Identify and define the government and contractor roles and responsibilities related to the C&A Process
- Identify and define the components of the Risk Management Process
- Identify key sources of risk
- Identify and define security objectives, protection levels, and the need-to-know basis for confidentiality
- Identify the relationship between system interconnection, information sharing, and securing classified information
Length: 2 hours
Target Audience: Department of Defense (DoD) information system users and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program who have responsibility for evaluating information systems and certifying to the government that information systems meet security requirements
Number of Student per Course: N/A
- Clearance Requirement: N/A
- Attendance Requirement: N/A
- Exam Requirements:Students must earn a 75 percent grade average on IS100.06 course exam.
- ACE Credit Recommendation: (What's this?) In association with IS050.CU
- Continuing Education Units per IACET: N/A
- Professional Development Units per SPeD: 6
Additional System Requirements: Check if your system is configured appropriately to use STEPP.
CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program.