This course does not contain the final exam. Students must register for the exam separately in STEPP and will receive credit for the course upon receiving a passing score.
Description: This course provides the student with an overview of the standardized DSS process for assigning a security rating using the DSS Security Rating Matrix. This includes how vulnerabilities are defined, what types of NISP enhancements are acceptable and their intent, and what follow-up actions are required upon completing a Security Review.
Learning Outcomes: This course is designed to enable students to describe how the DSS Security Vulnerability Assessment Rating Matrix is used to standardize and improve consistency of the security rating process.
Delivery Method: eLearning
Length: 1.5 hours
Target Audience: FSOs and other security personnel at DoD cleared contractor facilities, DSS IS Reps, DoD Industrial Security Specialists, and other government personnel with industrial security responsibilities
Number of Students per Course: N/A
- Clearance Requirement: N/A
- Attendance Requirement: N/A
- Exam Requirements: A passing score of 75% on the final exam (IS036.06) allows students to print a certificate of successful completion.
- ACE Credit Recommendation: (What's this?): N/A
- Continuing Education Units Per IACET: 0
- Professional Development Units per SPeD: 4.5
Additional System Requirements: Check if your system is configured appropriately to use STEPP.
CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program.