This course does not contain the final exam. Students must register for the exam separately in STEPP and will receive credit for the course upon receiving a passing score.
Description: This course provides Facility Security Officers (FSOs) with a fundamental understanding of the key communities or employees within a cleared defense contract facility that most frequently become targets of suspicious contacts. It will help the FSOs identify the potential vulnerabilities residing within each functional area so they can communicate with them and help prioritize needs for countermeasures. It provides the employees with an awareness of those collection methods used by foreign entities and the urgency for reporting those suspicious activities.
Course Resources: Access this course's resources
This course is designed to enable students to:
- Identify key employee groups most likely to be targeted by an adversary attempting to gain information, their vulnerabilities, and kinds of contact likely to be experienced
- Identify ways to promote employee awareness and reporting of issues of CI concern
Length: 30 minutes
Target Audience: Facility Security Officers (FSOs)
Number of Students per Course: N/A
- Clearance Requirement: N/A
- Attendance Requirement: N/A
- Exam Requirements: A passing score of 75% on the final examination (CI142.06) allows students to print a certificate of successful completion.
- It is highly recommended that FSOs complete the Integrating Counterintelligence and Threat Awareness Into Your Security Program CI010.16 course.
- This course is also complemented by two other CI courses for FSOs found on STEPP:
- The Relationship Between Counterintelligence and Security CI140.16 and,
- Protecting Your Facility’s Technology Course CI141.16
- ACE Credit Recommendation (What's this?): In association with CI201.CU
- Continuing Education Units Per IACET: N/A
- Professional Development Units per SPeD: 1.5
Additional System Requirements: Check if your system is configured appropriately to use STEPP.
CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program.