Description: This course has combined the Personnel Security Seminar and JPAS/JCAVS Training for Security Professionals.
This course reviews the management practices and procedures required to administer the Department of Defense (DoD) Personnel Security Program (PSP). The course also identifies the type of personnel security investigations (PSIs) that DoD uses, and those duties and position designations associated with each PSI. It outlines administrative procedures for preparing and submitting electronic request for PSIs. In addition, the course reviews adjudicative guidelines used for determining eligibility and explores the requirements for reporting adverse information, and identifies requirements and procedures for granting interim/temporary eligibility. The course utilizes practical exercises to reinforce knowledge and skills acquired through prerequisite courses.
This course also provides an overview of the Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS) and a detailed explanation of its subsystem, the Joint Clearance and Access Verification System (JCAVS), used extensively by Department of Defense (DoD) personnel security managers (PSMs) and contractor Facility Security Officers (FSOs) for eligibility, access and investigation verification. The course emphasizes the administrative procedures of JCAVS, focusing on the personnel eligibility and access processes and was recently reformatted to include hands-on exercises that allow students to navigate various windows within JPAS and practice specific actions for performing desired functions.
Learning Outcomes: This course is designed to enable students to:
- Identify the authorizes and policies which govern personnel security
- Identify who the Personnel Security Program (PSP) applies to
- Identify the purpose of the PSP
- Describe the purpose and function of JPAS
- Recall key vocabulary and terms use in JPAS
- Select the appropriate user level
- Distinguish between account user types and associated duties
- Recall the JPAS account managers policy
Delivery Method: Instructor-led
Length: 3.5 days
Target Audience: Department of Defense (DoD) civilian, military, and contractor personnel performing personnel security duties
Number of Students per Course: Minimum 25; Maximum 40
- Clearance Requirement: None
- Attendance Requirement: Full-time attendance and participation in all sessions.
- Exam Requirements: Students must earn a 75 percent grade average on course exams and performance exercises.
Prerequisites: Successful completion of Introduction to DoD Personnel Security Adjudication PS001.18, Introduction to Personnel Security PS113.06, and JPAS/JCAVS Virtual Training for Security Professionals PS123.06
- ACE Credit Recommendation: N/A
- Continuing Education Units Per IACET:
- Professional Development Units per SPeD: 45.00
Additional System Requirements: Check if your system is configured appropriately to use STEPP.
IF STEPP DOES NOT RECOGNIZE PREREQUISITE COURSES, EMAIL INFO TO: firstname.lastname@example.org.
CDSE courses are intended for use by Department of Defense and other U.S. Government personnel and contractors within the National Industrial Security Program.